To gain insight in device performance even at early development stages, enmodes provides a wide range of expertise in handling complex engineering cases. We steadily improve our numerical models with a close collaboration with the developers of the software. At our core, we are committed to providing reliable results with the upmost accuracy and efficiency. Therefore, all of our numerical models are constantly validated against experiments.
CAD cleaning and meshing
- Analysis of the quality of the provided CAD model including surface repair, model reduction and preparation of the model for CFD and FEA
- Creation of accurate patient specific models of vascular systems based on imaging data
- Meshing using the most advanced meshing tools
- Before carrying out any evaluation, sensitivity analyses are performed for the fluid and solid mesh as well as other parameters if required (time step size, pulse cycle independence and stability)
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Steady state or transient analysis
- Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluid models
- Laminar, transitional and turbulent (RANS, LES) flows
- Multi-phase flows and washout simulation
- Frozen rotor and moving domain approach
- Heat transfer simulation
- Investigation of blood damage
Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Linear and non-linear elasticity of the material
- Isotropic and anisotropic (Holzapfel type model) material behavior
- Static and transient condition
- Non-linear analysis with contact and large deflections
- Implicit and explicit simulation
- The results are depicted numerically and visually (figures, movies)
- Calculation of velocity fields, pressure gradients, temperature distribution, etc.
- Estimation of hemolysis
- Prediction of deformation, von-Mieses Stresses, strain, etc.
Contact us today to enquire about how enmodes can help you improve your medical device.